(delicious with ribs!)
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 8-10 leaves of Vates Kale
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup of cream (you choose the cream, you can even use milk)
- One farm-fresh egg
- 1 ½ cups of Cheese (use whatever you have in the fridge, ideally, a strong and mild cheese mix)
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Turn your oven on and set at 375 degrees
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes in thin slices (about ¼’’ thick)
- Cut a garlic clove in two and rub the bottom/sides of the dish you’ll be cooking in with garlic
- Chop all the garlic into small pieces, set aside
- Remove thicker part of the Vates Kale stem (keep for smoothies or compost)
- 6. Finely chop kale
- 7. In layers, add a row of sweet potato, a row of kale, sprinkle some garlic. Repeat until you reach the top of the dish you’re cooking in.
- 8. In a small bowl, mix the cream, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg and whisk it (only to mix it well)
- 9. Slowly add the cream mixture to the layers of sweet potato and kale.
- 10. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 11. Cover with tin foil or lid and cook for about 30 minutes
- 12. Uncover and cook for another 20 minutes or until you can drive a fork to the bottom of your pan and the cheese is crispy to liking.
Enjoy with a nice piece of meat! Or, if you’re vegetarian, serve it on top of cooked barley! Yum!
If you don’t have sweet potatoes, regular potatoes will do just fine and the recipe will also be delicious!