Ingredients for Salad :
- 2 bulbs of kholrabi
- 2 apples (any type of local apple will do, I like Empire)
- ½ cup of walnuts (or any nut you have at home)
Ingredients for dressing :
- 3 taplespoons of Rice vinagre (or any yellow vinagre, I wouldn’t use Balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard (I used honey mustard or Moutarde de Maux)
- ½ teaspoon of ‘herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve’ – or salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ¼ lemon
- Start by making your dressing. In a small bowl or mug, mix the mayonnaise and olive oil with a small whisk or fork.
- Add the mustard and salted herbs (herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve) and mix well.
- Add the vinagre and mix well. It’s important to really mix the dressing because of the mayonnaise. You want a nice, smooth dressing.
- For your salad, cut off the stems and leaves of the kholrabi (you can keep them and eat them as greens). Peel the Kholrabi and cut the veggie into juliennes.
- Peel your apples and cut into juliennes. Squirt some lemon on the apple juliennes (i twill help keep the apples white but it also adds to the taste of the salad)
- Roughly chop the walnuts
- Place everything into a bowl and add dressing
Delicious as a BBQ side dish or for a healty lunch!