Ingredients for salad :
- One pint of fresh, Quebec strawberries
- One full branch of Genovese basil (put lots!)
- One, large head of Bergam’s lettuce (a light tasting, light green lettuce, if you don’t have one, I would use a Boston-type lettuce)
Ingredients for dressing :
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinagre
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (choose the one you have in your fridge, it will do just fine)
- Salt and pepper (or ½ teaspoon of salted herbs)
- Start by preparing your dressing. Simply mix all the ingredients together and mix well with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- For the salad, wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Cut them in small slices.
- Remove the basil leaves from the stem and wash them. Cut them in a chifonnade. (Fancy word that means that you stack up your basil leaves together, roll them up, and chop it.)
- Wash the Bergam’s lettuce and roughly chop it.
- Add all the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Add dressing only when you’re ready to eat.